![]() |
| 7 months old- January 2012 |
Well as usual I waited too long in between posts. Nash has since turned 7 months old! I went back to work on Sept 12, 2011, 2 days after mine & Brett's 6 year anniversary & the ISU/IA game (ISU dominated of course). I was totally not expecting to feel the way I did when I dropped Nash off. I bawled & bawled & bawled. I couldn't even say good-bye to Mel & Nash I was so upset! I cried at work, people would come up to me asking how I was doing & I'd start crying... It took a good few weeks before I could get through the day without getting wheepy. I realized that those 11 weeks I was home with Nash is the longest I will EVER spend with him since he will be at Mel's for 50hrs/week. That leaves me with a few hours at night during the week before bed & the weekends :( I guess millions of other women make it work so I can too but it sucks. I'm also very lucky to have a great daycare provider since she will be his "other mom".
On November 12 Nash was baptized at Trinity Lutheran Church in Webster City IA. Bill Walker, Wendy Schumacher & Kristy Teague stood up with us as Nash's sponsors. It was a wonderful time. Dinner & drinks at Walker Farm after the 6pm service. It was so nice to have everyone together!
December 9th my family came home from Seattle to see my grandma Onie. That was great to have everyone from that side of the family together too. We reserved the conference room at the AmericInn & had a pot luck Sat afternoon. Alot of people showed up for my grandma, such a nice time! The cousins partied it up bar hopping in dub-C, even the aunts showed up & did warm apple pie shots!
Nash got so many neat things for Christmas & got to hang out with all his cousins. We got him a photo albumn & book of poems, that's it, didn't even wrap them... he'll never know :)
Nash spent his first NYE at my dad & step-mom's place on the acreage in Vincent IA While mommy & daddy went to Minneapolis to a house party at Steven Junck's new house. Feeling how I did New Years Day I wish I would have just stayed home with Nash :)
It had been an incredible nice winter until last week. We even had a 59 degree day in January, this week has been different, right now it's 11 & snowing.
At the beginning of January Nash started saying da da da da da, da da. I'm trying my damndest to get him to say ma ma ma ma ma, no luck yet. He's doing pretty good at sitting up, only falls over every once in while. He still HATES being on his stomach, won't try to crawl & has a hard time turning to his back. Hopefully he learn one of these days, preferable sooner than later. I know I'm not suppose to want things to happen because it all goes so fast but I don't want him to be "behind schedule" :) I know he'll be just fine. He has the cutest laugh & smile. I'll post some videos shortly. I also think he's starting to look a lot like daddy, his eyes & smile. I can't imagine what this summer will be like when he's walking & we do outdoor activities!!



No comments:
Post a Comment